6/30/2011

Pre-Term Labor Update

This will be brief as I'm not suppose to sit up in the bed and typing is hard with so many things attached to me.

Tuesday I called the doctor b/c I was having contractions that were about 15 mins apart but not painful. They had me come in for a check and found I was 2.5 cm dilated and almost totally effaced. The next stop was the hospital. So here I am. It's been up and down since I was admitted. First they put me on magnesium and it seemed to control the contractions. I did ok off of the medicine the first 8 hours and then contractions picked up again and were 5 mins apart and painful. So the latest was a shot of something that would stop the contractions. It's been 1.5 hours and I've only had a few. The doctor said she doesn't want to give up and just let me deliver. It's just trading one problem for another. I would rather be the one being poked and prodded than the little boys. At this point we are just taking it a day at a time. If I had nine lives at holding off delivery then I feel like I've used up 6 or 7 of them.

The doctors will just keep tackling the problems as they come and take it one day at a time. Everyone keeps asking me what the goal is. The goal is always going to be full term but at this point that's probably not going to happen. People also keep asking me how far I think I will make it. That is a good question and it is literally changing by the hour.

It is very hard to send updates and one of the reasons is because things are literally changing every hour. Nothing is certain and this doesn't really have a text book you can follow. I appreciate all the love and support. Everyones kind words on Facebook, prayers, text, and emails are uplifting. I wish I could respond to everyone and send individual updates. But if you have ever been hospitalized you know that there is never a dull moment. It's also hard to type or text with some of the machines I am hooked up to.

Ivy is doing great and just jumping around to different friends and family. That is a def praise! Knowing that she is being well loved and happy makes my job easier. I think she's getting a lot of ice cream and thinks she is on a vacation. Please pray her little heart stays content and continues to enjoy where she is and who she is with. We appreciate those helping us with her and are truly grateful.

I am at Greenville Memorial and will be 31 weeks on Saturday.

I will try to update this as much as possible. Maybe I'll even teach Josh how to blog for me.

Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" The Lord has been good and carrying us through this time. He's never let us down before and I don't think he will start now. Praise be to Him who brings new life.

1 comment:

Lollipopz Photography said...

Praying for you and your family. I am a member of the UMOMC and I have 3.5 year old twin boys. I started with preterm labor at 28 weeks and your story sounds very familar. My boys were born at 34 weeks and only spent 2 weeks in NICU. Today they are healthy and happy(well most of the time). Keep you head up! If you ever need anything or just need to talk do not hesitate to contact me.