1/13/2008

Ivy Grace Jones has arrived



Our little girl is here and we finally have a name. Ivy Grace Jones. We wanted something unique and feminine. With a last name like Jones if you have a common name you will be one of the millions with that name. If you want to see more pictures CLICK HERE.
Her birthday was last Thursday, Jan. 10th. I was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday night with high blood pressure. My doctor wanted them to monitor me over night and then to induce me in the am. So 6am we started the induction and 12 hours later she arrived. It was a long labor process. I ended up pushing for a total of 5 hours! There were definatley times where I began to ask God if my body was really made to do this.
By the 12th hour of labor my doctor came to check on me and decided to use the "vaccum" to help her come out. A few pushes later and she was on my stomach. She had a little trouble breathing at first and her blood sugar was too low. I got to hold her for about 2 mins and then they took her to the nursery for 2 hours. It was torture waiting to hold that sweet little girl.
The hosptial stay is one big blur. Apparently I have talked to several friends and family but I don't remember much of it. Things were just so busy between hosptial staff coming in every 30 mins for one reason or another, to family and friends visiting, and the phone ringing every min. A photographer stopped by to take photos and I thought her lense was out of focus because my vision was blurred from being so tired.
Now we are home and happy to be here. It's been a steady flow of visitors and we are still working on the nursing deal. Josh has been an absolutly wonderful husband and father. You would think he has done this before. He is helping with everything and taking great care of both of us.

We have also been blessed by our families and friends. Many thanks to those of you who have brought us food or stopped by to visit. We appreciate everything more than you know!
We will keep the updates coming and if you want to check out more pictures CLICK HERE.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! What a beautiful little girl! I'm so happy for both of you!

John and Sarah said...

We were so happy to hear the good news from Mark and Erin! Your little girl is beautiful and I LOVE her name! Congratulations! ~John and Sarah Herrington

a likens said...

O my... She is absolutely precious. Her little features are so unique and cute. I look forward to meeting her face to face. So sorry i did not make it to the hospital. Sounds like you would not have remembered...
Talk to you soon.
Ang

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Ivy is beautiful! Hang in with that nursing thing - it really isn't as "automatic" as you'd think. Now I'll sound like my mom - make sure to get your rest, Ashley! (Mom would be proud...)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful. I look forward to meeting her at church.

Anonymous said...

COUNTING THE DAYS TO SEE YOUR PRECIOUS BABY again and I'm wondering if she will look different and if she will remember me from one visit to the other. Can't wait to see my baby too.
Thank the Lord for all His blessings. Love, grandmomma