1/21/2008

Aunt Carmen Visits






This weekend Ivy got to meet her Aunt Carmen. Josh and I were so blessed by her visit. It was nice to have the extra help especially one from a Doctor and mother. The newness of being parents has worn off and Josh and I have hit the wall of exhaustion so her visit came in good timing.
Ivy had her first Pediatrician visit last week. It was a pretty good visit with the exception of her weight loss. She got down to 5lbs 12oz. It turns out that she wasn't getting enough food as she and I are still learning how this whole breastfeeding process works. But we have worked everything out and now she is eating fine and gaining adequate weight. In the mean time it has been really hard to find clothes that fit her. Aunt Carmen found a great outfit that works. It's nice to have a least one cute outfit that doesn't swallow her.
I've been recovering pretty good but like I said... The newness has worn off and I'm feeling the pains of no sleep and the whole recovery process in general. Josh and I are both fighting a cold and I think Ivy is too. Please pray that we are able to fight it and that non of us get full blow sick.
We have had great support of family and friends to provide meals and help us with every need. Josh has been very excited about the meals because cooking would be up to him. He also loves it because we have been getting some pretty sweet meals. Much better than my cooking. We love and appreciate each person who has made us a meal. THANK YOU!
We also made a visit to the photographer to the stars, David Edmonson. David was our wedding photographer and he is just as good at baby pics. I'll be posting the pictures from the photo shoot soon. If you want to see some home photos of Ivy's first week CLICK HERE.

No comments: