8/12/2011

The Time Has Come!

I write with GREAT excitement and anticipation as I will be holding my little boys soon!!! THIS IS SOOOOO EXCITING!

As of now the plans are to deliver tomorrow. Hopefully first thing in the morning!

I was admitted to the hospital on Thursday for potential preeclampsia. The test results turned out positive in addition to me having low blood platelets. The babies are fine but it's better for me to go ahead and deliver at this point.

They have me on some steroid shots to improve my platelet levels. If they can't get them in a normal range then I will have to be knocked out unconscious and Josh will not be allowed in the room for delivery. This is a MAJOR prayer request. I would love to be awake to meet my little ones and Josh would also love to be a part of that.

They are optimistic that all will be fine in the morning and I will be 37 weeks at that point which is full term! Good news is that they project the babies are over 6lbs each and they are doing absolutely fine! Praise the Lord.

I am going to spend the day resting and getting mentally and emotionally prepared. However, it is soooo hard to rest b/c I'm sooo sooo excited!!! It's also hard b/c I want to respond to every text, email or FB message.

I don't take it lightly that we are about to experience a true miracle meeting these boys. My heart is overwhelmed with thankfulness and gratitude for these little lives and that they have made it this far. Can't stop praising HIs name and giving Him complete credit for all He has done.

We will let you know once they arrive and send some pictures! Thanks you for your support and prayers!

4 comments:

Anne said...

So exciting!! Will be praying for y'all, especially that you're able to be awake when they get here.

christie and kyle said...

Praying for all 5 of you!!! Can't wait to see pictures of those sweet boys!!

Pixel Perfect said...

The higgins are praying! I went through the low platelet count with both boys!

Jami said...

Such exciting news! I've been following along with you for a little while now and I'm so happy for you that you have made it this far! I'll definitely be praying!