8/03/2011

Off Bed-rest??

Well, my doctor keeps pulling the ole trick a-roo on me. She originally said I could come off BR today but then at my appointment said to give it till Saturday. And Saturday would be 36 weeks!! I am pretty amazed that I've made it this far.

So you would think I would be all excited about coming off Bed-rest right? Well...it's not exactly a dream come true. I'm so big and out of shape that it's almost impossible to come off. If I try to do anything I'm exhausted and need to sit down. And my body is being stretched so much that it's painful to walk or stand. But hey! At least I can sit up now instead of constantly being on my back. And I can actually get myself water and a snack if I need it.

I had an appointment today that provided a great report. The babies are both weighing in at 5lbs 10 oz. AND they are both HEAD DOWN! (SOOO excited about that!) Everything was measuring right on track and the babies are the same size. The doctors have very little if any concerns at this point about the health of the babies. They might not even have to wear premie clothes! My body is doing good and no concerns at this point.

I have been on some medicine that stops my contractions and suppose to help stop labor. Doc said to stop taking it on Saturday so they could come quick! I would love to have them on Monday for Moms Bday! But at this point I'll take them when I get them.

I keep thinking my next post will be telling that they have arrived and then I keep getting another week under my belt. So who knows what could be next! We will keep you posted.

5 comments:

Elyse said...

Awesome news! Hang in there!

Anne said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations on making this far - what an achievement! Can't wait to hear the great news about your little miracles.

Betsy W. Fraser, O.D. said...

Great news! Love hearing about your journey Ash!

Liz said...

We will be home Saturday so count on me to help with Ivy from then on. Please use me!

Little Lamb said...

our prayers are with your growing family!! You are so close!!