3/09/2011

They Look Like Babies NOW!

YEAH! A bonus to having twins.... You get more sonograms. At 13 weeks this is what we got to see! If you look close you will see one sonogram is labeled Baby A and the other Baby B. My twins are in "bunk beds" meaning they are on top of each other. I'm told they will either carry this way or in a "duplex" (side by side). Not sure exactly which position is more comfortable for the mommy but my gut is telling it's not bunk beds.

Just to clear up any confusion about Baby A. NO!... that is not male body part you are seeing. That is clearly his knee. (but convincing my mom of that is another thing)


I also have a live video of the sonogram. It was pretty long so I just downloaded about 2 mins of the best part. Click HERE to see that video.


Praise the Lord the first trimester is over! The headache's, nausea, and excessive eating seem to be over. I honestly considered the constant state of hunger pains and eating every 2 hours a curse. However, there are many folks that have told me to count my blessings.

But for real!! Eating every 2-3 hours including in the middle of the night gets old. I was getting up at 2am and 4am like clockwork. You can ask Josh if you don't believe me. He would always take note in the morning of the crumbs or mess in the kitchen from my midnight snacks. The doctor said this was normal for twins and in fact very healthy. She did encourage me that it would slow down eventually. I began to believe her when I dropped my 4am feeding a few weeks ago. Now I'm down to three big meals a day with 3 large snacks.

Even though the first trimester was not a breeze I'm not complaining. I know lots of people who had a much harder experience than I did. And quite honestly....I'm just so darn happy to be pregnant! The one lingering thing that I can't seem to shake is the exhaustion. I basically require a nap every day or I want to pass out at like 5pm! I guess that's a feeling I should get use to....I don't suspect it will get any better once the babies arrive.

So you've seen the pics of what's going on inside my belly but most out of state friends want to know what the outside is like. So here is a picture of me at 13 weeks.



This was taken 2 weeks ago. I would safely say that YES! I'm showing. I even had my first stranger ask me when I was due! That's kind of a good feeling. If you've ever been pregnant then you know what I mean.

Ivy is still very weirded out by the fact that babies are in my belly. She continues to ask all kinds of questions about how they got in there? How will they get out? Why can't she hear them crying? She was very concerned when I told her the doctor would get them out. She told me that was not a good idea. She said the babies would be afraid of the doctor. So she suggested that Uncle Fletcher get them out. Ummmmm.... That would be a NO seeing how Uncle Fletcher is my brother!!

Ivy is also very concerned that one or both might be a boy. She is dead set that she wants it to be TWO girls. (She would regret that in about 10 years when they steal her clothes and want to hang out with her friends). We have been asking her to help come up with names and she won't even talk about boy names b/c she doesn't want a boy in the mix. Mommy and Daddy feel very differently so at least someone will be happy.

And speaking of the gender....We will have to wait 2 months to find out the exciting news. My next appointment falls at 17 weeks and they do the sonogram between 18-22 weeks. So missed it by a week!

But we have plenty going on between now and then. We close on our house in about a month and I know that will keep us busy. In the mean time we are just enjoying life in Clemson. We recently went to a Clemson basketball game. Ivy went into an epileptic fit when the Tiger mascot came to give her a hug. Other than that Ivy really enjoyed the game.


Stay tuned for more baby and Jones family updates! So far I'm doing much better at updating than last year. I guess you could call it a new years resolution.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so excited for you guys!! your belly is so cute! :)

Elyse said...

Your belly is perfect! Ivy looks adorable on her cheer outfit and the babies look perfect. I don't know when your due date is but I'm not far behind you with only 1. I tried to email you but it bounced back. Due Sept. 22nd. They'll surely be long distance buddies.