7/19/2008

In Sickness and Health

Josh and I were reminded of our vows this past week.  Josh brought home a terrible stomach virus that hit him at 5am on Tuesday.  It involved 6 hours of violent throwing up and fluids coming out of the other end too!  Then he broke with a fever.  

Now we all know that men are big babies when they are sick.  So it's hard to tell when they are serious when they say they feel like they are dying.  I really thought that Josh was being over dramatic.  When we took him to the doctor he actually had them wheel him back to the car in a wheel chair!  I couldn't believe it and told him that it wasn't that bad.  He disagreed of course.

Well, I found out the hard way that he was right!  Two days later I came down with the exact some thing.  I too threw up for 6 hours and then broke a fever!  I finally just laid on the
 bathroom floor because their was no point in heading back to the bed.  I was throwing up every 15 mins so it was closer to just stay on the floor.  At one point I told Josh that I would seriously rather die than to keep this up. 

So far Ivy has not caught it.  I am still holding my breath.  I can't imagine how she will feel if a 17 lb baby girl were to experience such a terrible sickness.  We shipped her off to grandma and grandpa's house to get away from the germs.  She back now and acting normal.

And to make Grandmommy is SC happy we have to post some new pics of little chubber.  

The dress Ivy is wearing above is a personal favorite.  And the crazy thing is that the tag in the dress says  "SWEET IVY".  HAHA!  It was ment to be hers.  I didn't even know there was a brand of children's cloths called Sweet Ivy.  We will have to find more.

I know what you might be thinking when you look at this picture above.  It appears that we have stuffed her mouth full of food.  The truth is that she doesn't have any food in her mouth at all. This was taken after she took her last bite.  Yes, Ivy cheeks are just that big!

The shirt Ivy is wearing above is an A&M shirt.  For those who don't know much about the Aggie's, they do a yell at midnight before game day.  


Here is little miss priss helping mommy with the laundry. 

These are just a few pics of what Ivy has been up to the past month.  She hit her 6 month b-day at 17.5 lbs.   She is in the 80% in weight and 83% in head size.  She inherited the big head from her dad.  I think this is part of why she is not sitting up yet.  She is top heavy and that big noggin just weighs her down. 

To see more pics of the last month CLICK HERE.




3 comments:

Sarah said...

So precious! I can't believe how big she has gotten!

By the way - Banks was a trooper on the flight! We had a terrible experience on the flight (all on the blog) but he did great through it all! Thanks for all of your advice! Couldn't have survived the trip without it!

Kathryn said...

So sorry you guys have been sick!!! I am glad y'all are better. You can always "ship" Ivy to us if you need to. :)

Jodi said...

I love the pictures of Ivy! Andrew REALLY wants one of those Aggie Shirts when Wyatt gets here! Our little ones will have to watch Aggie Football together! ;)