5/20/2009

Ivy in the Hospital


Yesterday was by far the scariest day of my life!  I've heard that once you have kids trusting God goes to a whole new level.   And yeah... it's true.   So here's what happend.

Josh is taking a summer school class and he was heading out the door when he dropped his bag and things fell all over the place.  He thought he picked up everything but neglected to see that his travel pack of medicine was hidden under the chair.  So he heads off to school and I start to get Ivy ready for preschool.  I was just letting her play in the living room while I fixed breakfast, packed her lunch and got us both ready.  

Turns out that she found that little pack of pills and ate some.  I had no clue that it was there or that she had taken them.  So i took her to school and she fell asleep on the way (which is totally normal. She does that everyday.)   But when I dropped her off the teachers were hardly able to wake her up.  She basically slept all day.  I got a call from one of the teachers at the school telling me that Ivy would hardly open her eyes and wouldn't play or talk.  So my friend met me half way and brought her to my apartment.  

The min. I laid eyes on her my stomach dropped.  She looked like any min she was going to take her last breath.  She was just lifeless feeling in my arms.  She couldn't even hold her head up! 

When we came inside I saw the pill pack and it was empty.  So I immediately called Josh to see if there had been some pills in there.  Turns out there was 3 to 4.  Josh didn't even know his meds were missing from his bag.

So my friend drove me and Ivy to the ER.  It was the longest and scariest ride of my life.  My friend and I prayed.  Phillipians 4:16 says, "Be anxious about nothing, but with prayer and petitition with Thanksgiving let your request be made known to God."   So that's exactly what I did.  The Lord really gave me supernatural strength to get through it without loosing my mind.

Josh rushed to the ER and so did his mother.  We were relieved to find that her vital signs were all normal and she was going to be ok.  The doctors said that if something bad were going to happen then it probably already would have.   So they admitted us to the hospital over night and we just got home.

Ivy is acting perfectly fine and she's going to be ok.   I so grateful for that and that I have such a wonderful husband to who is my rock and keeps me calm.  (I think he's rubbing off on me.)

And I hope this is the first and last time she uses drugs!! 



5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Living the Long Life... said...

Oh goodness! I am sure that was scary and i am happy that Ivy is ok! Thank the Lord!

Daniel and Carrie Moore said...

Oh my gosh Ashley! I'm so glad that Ivy is okay. That is so scary. I can't even imagine now that I have Alli. Let me know if there is anything I can do!

Sarah said...

Ashley! This is the scariest thing I've ever heard! My heart stopped for you! Wow - I'm so glad everything is ok, and I'm going to see if there is any more baby proofing I can do around my house (not that that would have helped you guys.... what are the odds! Total accident!)

John and Sarah said...

So glad she is ok!!!